Historical Development :In 1940 during the time when Holy Cross Sisters were working in Rangamatia, Rev. Fr. Henesy, the parish priest built the convent for Sisters. In 6th January, 1941 the SMRA Sisters went there and started pastoral work with the Holy Cross Sisters. In 25th October, the Holy Cross Sisters left the convent and SMRA Sisters took over all responsibility. In 1994 the old building was demolished and two storied building was constructed.
Apostolate : At present four Sisters are assigned in three institutions:
- Teaching : Two Sisters are assigned in the Rangamatia High School and one Sister in Saradey Primary School.
- Dispensary :One Sister is in the service of sick people specially the pregnant mother and child care ministryin the dispensary.
Pastoral Ministry : Sisters give service in the parish pastoral work like : preparing the alter, liturgical service, catechesis, altar boys/girls, Shishu Mongol, YCS, Legion of Mary, PushpaSongha, family visiting according to plan of parish priests.